10/19/2017 8:30 am-4:00 pm
SCORE Southeast Wisconsin, a nonprofit organization offering workshops and mentoring to startups and existing small businesses, is pleased to announce, “Inventing Our Way to Wisconsin’s Future”, an all-day conference for current and potential inventors.
The event, featuring Fashion Designer Linda Marcus, will promote and champion invention in the state by providing insight and education that can help launch ideas from paper to prototype to actual product.
Other key presenters include Dr. Christal Sheppard, director of the Midwest Regional U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), who will offer insight on the latest developments in intellectual property, including the resources available to inventors.
Tom Still, president of the Wisconsin Technology Council, will lead a panel discussion of Wisconsin inventors and innovators who have successfully launched products and businesses in the state. In addition, breakout sessions repeated twice throughout the day will focus on the pressing issues for today’s inventors.
Additional topics include:
- Insight about how to assess the market of an idea for an invention
- An overview of the Patent/Intellectual Property issues inventors need to consider
- Overview of potential sources of funding for getting your invention off-the-ground
- Basics for developing an initial business plan for your invention
- An opportunity to network with other inventors and potential investors
- An opportunity to talk with firms, organizations and institutions that provide services to inventors.
To register, please follow this link. https://sewisconsin.score.org/event/inventing-our-way-wisconsin%C2%92s-future-conference-2017