On November 4, 2014 BizTimes Media presented its inagural awards program to salute southeastern Wisconsin’s best corporate citizens and most effective nonprofit organizations.
The awards presentation was preceded by a panel discussion about the status of southeastern Wisconsin’s nonprofit industry and strategies for connecting business leaders and companies to charities.
The panelists included:
- Thomas Shannon, president and CEO of The BrightStar Wisconsin Foundation Inc.
- Ken Hanson, founder and CEO, Hanson Dodge Creative
- Alan Petelinsek, CEO of Power Test Inc.
- Maria Nicholas Groves, director of business development at The Novo Group and president of Feeding Mouths, Filling MindsThe panel discussion will be moderated by Kimberly Kane, founder and president, Kane Communications Group.
Congratulations to the 2014 Winners & Finalists:
Corporate Citizen of the Year
- WINNER: Hunzinger Construction Company
- Finalist: Emerys Cycling Triathlon & Fitness
- Finalist: Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Next Generation Leadership
Corporate Volunteer of the Year
Nonprofit (organization) of the year Small (operating budget under $3M)
- WINNER: Make A Difference-Wisconsin
- Finalist: College Possible Milwaukee
- Finalist: Rebuilding Together – Greater Milwaukee
Large (operating budget $3M and above)
Nonprofit Collaboration of the year award
- WINNER: Menomonee Valley Partners & Urban Ecology Center
- Finalist: Discovery World & Journey House
- Finalist: The Faye McBeath Foundation & community organizations
Nonprofit Executive of the Year