Join other family & closely held companies and learn how to navigate many of the complex issues related to growing a successful and sustainable family and closely held business. It’s your opportunity to learn and network with others who are on the same journey as they strive to build wealth and create a lasting legacy.
An Owner’s Guide to the Future
We’re surrounded by inevitable changes, from AI to generational workforce shifts, but not all change is progress and sometimes knowing what shouldn’t change is more than half the battle.
Nationally-recognized futurist David Zach presented some fascinating forecasts and clear-headed observations about what traditions we should hold onto.
Following the keynote presentation, the owners of Bartolottas Restaurants, Wisconsin Lift Truck (part of Wolter Group LLC), Chiappette Shoes and Ariens Company shared insights, philosophies and stories about how they have navigated the complex issues related to growing a successful closely held business.
(click on the presenter’s name to download their slides)
• Dan Ariens, Chairman & CEO, Ariens Company
• Nick Chiappetta, COO and Tony Chiappetta, CEO, Chiappetta Shoes
• Jerry Weidmann, President, Wisconsin Lift Truck, part of Wolter Group LLC
• Paul Bartolotta, Chef and Co-Owner and Keith Trafton, COO & Managing Partner, The Bartolotta Restaurants
After the presentations attendees selected from 11 concurrent roundtable sessions led by family & closely-held company leaders.
- CAREER PATHS, TRANSITION TIMELINES, OWNERSHIP TRANSFER
Sam Maglio, President, Maglio Companies
- CONSIDERING SELLING YOUR FAMILY BUSINESS? PLAN NOW FOR A BETTER OUTCOME.
Jake Hansen, Principal, Jacsten Holdings
- SUCCESSION PLANNING – CONVERTING TO AN ESOP
Jay Koenitzer, Shareholder & Board Member, Helwig Carbon Products, Inc.
- THE CHALLENGES OF STARTING, GROWING AND SUSTAINING A FAMILY BUSINESS
Jalin Phelps, VP of Field Operations & James Phelps, President, JCP Construction
- MAINTAINING THE FAMILY LEGACY THROUGH BUSINESS ACQUISITION
Robyn Trester-Vaupel, President, Trester Metropolitan
- PRESERVING THE FAMILY LEGACY THROUGH ESTATE PLANNING
Jacqueline Messler, Trusts, Estates & Succession Planning Attorney, Davis|Kuelthau
- SELLING THE FAMILY BUSINESS – PROS AND CONS
Bill Edstrom, Jr., Former Family Business Owner, Shareholder, Avidity Sciences
- THE “NUTS AND BOLTS” THAT GO INTO STRUCTURING A FAMILY COUNCIL
Bob Piekenbrock, Jr., Founding Member, Schmid Family Council & Patty Piekenbrock Reiman, Founding Member & Communications Director, Schmid Family Council, Crescent Electric Supply Company
- SUCCESSION PLANNING, ACCOUNTABILITY AND COMMUNICATION
Richard Smith, M.S., P.E., CEO and Owner, raSmith
- FROM BRICKS AND MORTAR TO SELLING NATIONALLY
Nick Chiappetta, COO & Tony Chiappetta, CEO, Chiappetta Shoes
- IT’S ALL ABOUT OPEN COMMUNICATION
Maria Rupena Karczewski, President, Rupena’s Fine Foods
Interested in sponsoring an event? To reap the benefits of the ultimate in-person marketing opportunity contact Linda Crawford, Director of Sales, to discuss opportunities. Event sponsorships are limited.