Join other family & closely held companies and learn how to navigate many of the complex issues related to growing a successful and sustainable family and closely held business. It’s your opportunity to learn and network with others who are on the same journey as they strive to build wealth and create a lasting legacy.
BizTimes Media held its annual Family & Closely Held Business Summit on June 14 at the Italian Community Center in downtown Milwaukee. The event featured keynote speakers Louie
Gentine, chief executive officer of Plymouth-based Sargento Foods Inc., and Tom Faley, a longtime Sargento employee and author of “Treated Like Family,” a book about the company’s history and its three generations of family leadership.
The event also included a presentation by Deb Houden, senior consultant for Chicago-based The Family Business Consulting Group. The presentations were followed by three 25-minute roundtable discussions on a wide variety of family business topics, including trust and transparency, innovation, succession planning, managing conflict, preserving the family legacy, and next generation leadership.
• Trust and transparency in a family enterprise
• Internal controls protect your business and your bottom-line
• Transfer your business and keep your friends and family
• How innovation, entrepreneurship and an “employee family” built Sargento Foods
• Communication and Company Culture—Workforce Issues
• Next Generation Leadership – What does it take to be successful in leading your family business?
• A successful transition from 2nd to 3rd generation at State Collection Service, Inc.
• Preserving the family legacy through estate planning
• Integrating outside family members – Stories from the real world
• The Transition- turning over the reins of the family business to the next generation
• Management Compensation Plans, achievement should be rewarded
• Peace at The Family Table…Your single most untapped competitive advantage
• Managing conflict in the family business
• What does success look like in your family business?
Interested in sponsoring an event? To reap the benefits of the ultimate in-person marketing opportunity contact Linda Crawford, Director of Sales, to discuss opportunities. Event sponsorships are limited.