BizTimes Media was founded in 1995 and provides news and operational insights for the business leaders of companies in Southeastern Wisconsin through print publications, online resources (website and email marketing) and events featuring speakers, informational seminars and various networking opportunities.
BizTimes Media produces:
- BizTimes Milwaukee, a bi-weekly publication focusing on SE Wisconsin business news and information
- BizTimes.com, our award-winning online resource for up-to-date business
- BizTimes eNewsletters, daily and weekly industry specific email newsletters
- BizTimes Events — multiple annual events on various business related topics
- BizExpo — Wisconsin's premier business convention
- Custom publications and miscellaneous projects
BizTimes Media is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working administrative assistant to join our award-winning team. This position will be responsible for providing a wide array of general administrative support from billing and A/R to circulation and database maintenance. This multi-talented person must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize, frequently performing several tasks at once. While teamwork is an important asset, the administrative assistant must also be able to initiate and complete projects independently, accurately and often under deadline pressure.
- Maintain accounts receivable by generating client invoices and ensuring timeliness and accuracy of processing.
- Open and distribute incoming mail; process outgoing mail and deliver to post office when necessary.
- Prepare daily deposits and take them to the bank.
- Review and reconcile reports and spreadsheets.
- Serve as point person for the directories, handling client calls and emails.
- Conduct research by phone and online.
- Maintain company databases, compile reports and spreadsheets.
- Process subscription requests.
- Stock, maintain and purchase supplies.
- Answer incoming calls and professionally respond to questions or route calls appropriately.
- Welcome on-site visitors and announce the visitor to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist with event set-up and other onsite event responsibilities – requiring some early mornings and evenings.
- Perform sensitive and confidential tasks and participate in special projects as assigned by Director of Operations.
- Highly proficient in PC based Microsoft Office. Particularly Word and Excel, with experience using and creating advanced formulas and mail merge.
- Knowledge of Quick Books accounting software system preferred.
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting transaction flows.
- Ability to handle competing demands, take initiative and manage multiple projects independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Efficient and organized with great attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills. Should be proactive, able to self-manage, and highly self-motivated, yet not afraid to ask questions.
- Exceptional analytical, written and oral communication skills; must be able to write clearly and informatively, as well as detect discrepancies and variances in wording, grammar, spelling and numbers.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with all levels of internal and external clients and be comfortable building a rapport with different personalities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to your own vehicle.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred; however we will consider an equivalent combination of education, experience or training.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. BizTimes Media also offers an attractive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance and 401K.
Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your e-mail, be sure to include "Administrative Assistant". No phone calls please.