BizTimes Media (BizTimes Milwaukee magazine and BizTimes.com), an award-winning media company that covers the southeastern Wisconsin business community, is seeking an experienced, dynamic, self-starting reporter for our print and online publications.
This is a full-time position with benefits and an exceptional workplace culture – a place where ideas are welcomed and collaboration is not a buzzword, but an expectation.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Report daily news for our web site, www.biztimes.com.
- Compile a weekly online newsletter.
- Author a column in the bi-monthly BizTimes Milwaukee magazine.
- Report general and assigned-beat business news for the website and magazine.
- Shoot photos for print and online stories.
- Develop and foster a network of regional sources in your assigned beat areas.
- Leverage social media to promote stories and build network.
Minimum skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism.
- Minimum of two years of print and/or online journalism experience with an established publication.
- Demonstrable enterprise reporting skills and ability to break news.
- Proven ability to write clearly and accurately, and to meet deadlines on multiple platforms.
- Good news judgement and research habits.
- Basic photography skills.
- Familiar and comfortable with social media.
- Comfort posting your own stories in a web CMS extremely helpful. Some skill in editing photos and videos also a plus.
- Must be a team player whose natural propensity is for collaboration.
BizTimes Media, established in 1995, offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, 401(k), and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization – a profitable, well-established publishing leader.
Apply today by sending your resume, cover letter and clips to Andrew Weiland, editor