BizTimes Media-(BizTimes Milwaukee and BizTimes.com), an award-winning media company that covers the southeastern Wisconsin business community, is seeking an experienced, dynamic, self-starting reporter to cover the manufacturing and health care beats.
The manufacturing sector is a major part of the Milwaukee area economy, so this reporter will be tracking and reporting on numerous companies, including some of the largest and most prominent in the region.
Health care is a major employer in the region. The reporter will be responsible for covering the health care industry, but also how all employers are dealing with health insurance benefits and the Affordable Care Act.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Report on daily manufacturing and health care news for our web site, www.biztimes.com.
- Compile a weekly online newsletter.
- Write a Made in Milwaukee manufacturing column in the bi-monthly BizTimes Milwaukee magazine.
- Report additional manufacturing and health care news in the magazine.
- Complete general assignment business news reporting for the website and magazine.
- Shoot photos for print and online stories.
- Develop network of sources and stay in touch with them to generate stories.
- Leverage social media to promote stories and build network.
Minimum skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism.
- Minimum of two years of print journalism experience.
- Enterprise reporting skills demonstrating an ability to break news.
- Proven ability to write clearly and accurately, and meet deadlines on multiple platforms.
- Good news judgement and research habits.
- Basic photography skills.
- Familiar and comfortable with social media.
- Must be a team player who will collaborate with our five-person newsroom.
BizTimes Media, established in 1995, offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, 401(k), and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization-a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Apply Today by sending your resume, cover letter and clips to Andrew Weiland, editor