Jim Lindenberg, former Milwaukee Wave owner, entrepreneur and philanthropist, recently became president and CEO of Legends of the Field, a Hartland-based sports memorabilia and marketing company. His parent company, Lindy Enterprises, which specializes in assisting small businesses, bought a majority interest in Legends of the Field.
Lindenberg also is part owner of NX Level, a sports performance training facility in Waukesha and owns JML Holdings, a commercial and residential property management company in the Lake Country area. He previously owned World Class Wire and Cable, which he sold in 2008. Here, Lindenberg shares the core values he has developed during his business career.
"Learn from yesterday, plan for tomorrow, but live passionately in the moment today. After selling the Milwaukee Wave, I was presented with a number of opportunities. However, with my love of sports, business and giving back to the community, Legends of the Field provided me the best opportunity.
"Over my career, I have been fortunate and thankful to have worked with many professional and talented individuals who have helped make my businesses, and me, successful. These experiences have allowed me to accumulate 25 core values that anyone can use in business and in life. They are very simple ideas, but if you practice them in business and in life, you will be successful.
- Be positive.
- Be best and be first.
- Care, help and respect others.
- Volunteer in the community.
- Don't ever give up.
- Just ask.
- Take ownership.
- Continually improve performance and customer service.
- Be a good communicator – keep it short and simple – KISS.
- Be confident in yourself, your product and your company.
- Respond to your customers promptly.
- Must be sales and customer service oriented.
- Focus on details.
- Do not be afraid or defensive of change.
- Must have a sense of urgency.
- Do what you say you are going to do.
- If you are not failing, you are not trying.
- Don't burn bridges, make peace.
- Believe in and stress teamwork.
- Be a part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- Learn how to learn and keep learning.
- You can't be helped if you don't help yourself.
- Work hard and have fun.
"See you at the top!"