- Friday, July 27 The Milwaukee Center for Independence in conjunction with the Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin, Dynasplint Systems, Medtronic and Allergan, will present the Southeast Wisconsin Spasticity Management Workshop from 8 a.m. to noon at the MCFI Conference Center, Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Building, 2020 W. Wells St., Milwaukee. The workshop will discuss a variety of treatment options available to neurological patients with tone or spasticity concerns. Physicians, nurse practitioners, and representatives of products that work in conjunction with these treatments will provide an in-depth explanation of techniques that can complement therapy and provide better outcomes.Presenters will include Dr. Chris Cronsell, director of neurorehabilitation at Center for Neurological Disorders and Dr. Nick Ketchum, assistant professor at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Cost to attend is $55 per person, including breakfast and materials. Proceeds go to the Milwaukee Center for Independence and Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin. To register securely online, go to http://www.tinyurl.com/sewspasticity.
- Friday, July 27 Sojourner Family Peace Center and Waterstone Bank will host an annual Tailgate from 4 to 7 p.m. at Helfaer Field, the youth baseball facility next to Miller Park. All proceeds from the event support Sojourner Family Peace Center’s many programs to eliminate domestic violence in the Milwaukee area. Former radio host Jim “Lips” LaBelle will emcee the event, which includes ballpark-style food and beverages and a silent auction featuring exclusive, autographed Brewers’ memorabilia. Raffle tickets can be purchased for the chance to win a Door County vacation and Kindle Fire, among other prizes. Kids will enjoy face painting, balloon making and an appearance by the Klement’s Racing Sausages. Cost to attend is $65 for adults and $25 for children ages 12 and under. Tickets also include a ticket to the Brewers vs Nationals game which starts at 7:10 p.m.
- Sunday, July 29 Wives of Milwaukee Brewer baseball players will host the Second Annual Grand Slam Golden Mixer event at Stone Fire Pizza Company in New Berlin from 5 to 8 p.m. The event, presented by the Brewers Community Foundation, will support the Foundation for Children with Cancer. Food buffet, beverages, complimentary game play, a photo booth and more than 12 Milwaukee Brewers players and coaches will be highlights of the event. To purchase tickets for the event, visit www.tinyurl.com/2012GSGM
- Saturday, Aug. 11 Safe Babies Healthy Families has organized its first ever Trot for Tots, 5K run/walk at Frame Park in Waukesha. Registration for the event will begin at 9 a.m. at the Frame Park Rotary Building, 701 E. Moreland Blvd, and the run/walk will start at 10 a.m. Participants can register individually or as a team. Strollers are welcome for the event. Post race festivities will include refreshments, children’s activities, prizes and entertainment. All money raised will help Safe Babies Healthy Families pursue its work to break the cycle of child abuse, poverty and neglect in Waukesha and beyond.Rates for participants registered by Aug. 7 are $20 for individuals, $30 for families and $130 for a team of up to 10. Rates after Aug. 7 and day of race are $25 for individuals, $35 for families and $135 for a team of up to 10. Registration is available online at www.safebabieshealthyfamilies.org/event-registration.
- Sunday, Aug. 26 Fondy Farm Feast will take place from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. at the Fondy Farm, 850 County Highway P in Port Washington. Milwaukee’s finest farm-to-table chefs will prepare a multi-course meal showcasing fresh, local ingredients from the Fondy Farmers Market, Fondy Farm and other local producers. Chefs include Peter Sandroni of La Merenda; Michelle Evans from Northwestern Mutual Insurance, Bruce Evans from MATC culinary school, Jack Kaestner, Oconomowoc Lake Club, Matt Post, Alterra Coffee Roasters, Andy Tenaglia from Lagniappe Brassiere; Jason Gorman of Iron Horse Hotel and Justin Aprahamian of Sanford Restaurant.
Cost to attend is $100 per person. Proceeds from the Fondy Farm Feast support Fondy Farmers Market and the Fondy Farm Project. For more information or to purchase tickets visit www.fondymarket.org.