The list focused on individual money management, with the greatest amount of assets under management.
"One of our goals through BrightScope Advisor Pages is to spearhead the movement for transparency within the wealth management sphere by providing accurate and accessible information," said Mike Alfred, chief executive officer and co-founder of San Diego-based BrightScope. "BrightScope is committed to being the most reliable and convenient resource for investors searching for the right advisor to meet their unique financial situation."
By aggregating hard-to-discover but publicly available information on advisors, BrightScope has created a free database that is searchable from multiple dimensions. BrightScope's Advisor Pages features data to help investors, including location, qualifications, amount and types of assets under management, area of specialty, legal disputes, formal complaints and more.
The top 25 Milwaukee area-based advisors by total assets under management are:
1. Provident Trust Company - $1.3 billion.
2. Diversified Management Inc. - $607.3 million.
3. Jacobus Wealth Management Inc. - $592.9 million.
4. Sadoff Investment Management LLC - $590.2 million.
5. Jb Investment Management, LLC - $510.8 million.
6. Campbell Newman Asset Management Inc. - $463.5 million.
7. Capital Investment Services of America Inc. - $438.9 million.
8. Kitzinger Lautmann Capital Management Inc. - $428.7 million.
9. Northern Oak Capital Management, Inc. - $400.8 million.
10. P. J. Schmidt Investment Management, Inc. - $391.0 million.
11. Perry Capital Management Inc. - $378.2 million.
12. Friedlander & Co Inc. - $272.6 million.
13. Mccarthy Grittinger Weil Financial Group, LLC - $208.4 million.
14. Morgan Dempsey Capital Management LLC - $186.7 million.
15. Wynn Capital Management Inc. - $180.0 million.
16. PaulaHogan - $178.0 million.
17. Beadell A D Investment Counsel Inc. - $168.0 million.
18. Estate Counselors, LLC - $165.3 million.
19. Bultman Investment Management, Inc. - $159.4 million.
20. Kevin Bay Investments, LLC - $159.2 million.
21. Hobert & Svoboda, Inc. - $155.8 million.
22. Wfa Asset Management Corp - $139.7 million.
23. Kyle Financial Services - $133.0 million.
24. Forward Uniplan Advisors, Inc. - $132.0 million.
25. Voit & Hamilton, LLC - $118.1 million.
BrightScope obtains its data directly from publicly available sources, including required regulatory filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission.