The operating philosophy is built on six key tenets:
- Acquire companies jointly with operating managers who are dedicated to building their business and rewarded for doing so.
- Operate each company on a world-class basis by providing management with the operational, financial and human resources necessary to develop the business.
- Create meaningful ownership opportunities for management through an equity structure that aligns their interests with ours.
- Operate in an atmosphere of mutual trust, respect and the highest standards of integrity in all relationships.
- Use common sense and sound judgment to guide all actions.
- Build companies that produce reliable, growing earnings and reinvest the cash flow to fund future growth. This is a long-term investment strategy aimed at appreciation and compounding equity values.