I know from my own experience that business innovation and growth can best happen when we step back and think about what we're doing and how we're doing it, rather than just punching the clock and going to work every day.
With that, I invite you to invest in some quality time for yourself. Jump out of the gerbil wheel for a day and attend the eighth annual BizExpo presented by BizTimes Media LLC. Today is the final day to pre-register for the BizExpo for free.
We've tweaked and fine-tuned the event again this year. For the first time, the event will be jammed into one day (May 17), as we listened to our attendees who told us last year that they simply could not invest in two days away from their offices.
So, put it on your calendar and join us for the state's largest business-to-business conference at the Potawatomi Bingo Casino Expo Center in Milwaukee.
You'll find plenty of opportunities to network with other business leaders and learn from the best among us.
* Visit the exhibit booths of about 120 companies that will market their products and services to other businesses. Be sure to stop by the BizTimes booth and meet our staff.
* Attend free strategic business seminars for executives led by experts. The seminars will provide business leaders with insights about human resources, leadership, negotiations, government contracts, strategic planning, sales, marketing, social media, cloud computing, website design, QR codes and more.
* Attend the Women in Business Conference, a breakfast event featuring a panel of accomplished business leaders, including: Kimberley Crews Goode, vice president of communication and corporate affairs, Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co. Inc.; Julie Ledger, vice president and general manager, Opus Development Corp.; Marie O'Brien, president and chief executive officer, EnterForce Inc.; Kathy Siefert, former executive vice president, Kimberly Clark Corp.; Marti Wronski, vice president and general counsel, Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club. The BizTimes Woman Executive of the Year Award will be presented to Gail Lione, who was recently appointed to the board of directors at Badger Meter Inc. Lione previously served as executive vice president, general counsel and secretary of Harley-Davidson Inc., and she is serving on a wide range of corporate and civic boards.
* Attend the BizTimes Bravo! Entrepreneur and IQ (Innovation Quotient) Awards Luncheon, featuring several of the region's most dynamic, innovative and bold companies and leaders.
* Attend the BizExpo After Hours reception, providing special networking opportunities and prizes.
To register to attend the BizExpo, visit www.biztimes.com/bizexpo.
Steve Jagler is executive editor of BizTimes.