- Tuesday, April 17 United Way in Waukesha County’s Volunteer Center will host its annual ‘Inspire by Example’ Volunteer Recognition and Celebration Luncheon 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Country Springs Hotel in Pewaukee. The ‘Inspire by Example’ Recognition luncheon will recognize individuals and groups for outstanding volunteerism throughout Waukesha County. This year’s winners include Ellen Langill, Community Leader of the Year; Brian Scarberry, Volunteer of the Year; Becca Bukvich, Heather Sanders, Youth Volunteers of the Year; Waukesha County Health and Human Services Volunteer Drivers, Volunteer Group of the Year; Carroll University, Business Partner of the Year; Ken Riesch, Bruce Gill Executive Volunteer of the Year and John Robertstad and Joan Shafer, Outstanding United Way Volunteers. The public is invited to attend the celebration. Cost to attend is $40 per person or $400 for nonprofit table of ten or $500 for a corporate table of ten.
- Thursday, April 19 The Association of Fundraising Professionals Milwaukee Chapter will host Milwaukee Succeeds: A Unique Public Private Partnership Changing the Landscape of Our Community at the Italian Conference Center, 631 E. Chicago St. from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Ellen Gilligan president of the Greater Milwaukee Foundation will give the keynote presentation. Cost to attend is $25 for AFP members and $45 for nonmembers. To register online click here.
- Sunday, April 22 Accel Fitness Boot Camp of Muskego will conduct a fast-paced fitness class at Sprecher Brewery from 9 to 10 a.m. The event will promote healthy habits and Gilda’s Club of Southeastern Wisconsin. Accel Fitness Bootcamp workouts are “metabolic workouts featuring a total-body workout that incorporates high-intensity work periods with short rest periods in an alternating set or circuit
format. This helps increase metabolism, tone and tighten, invigorate and get you in super shape.” Cost to attend is $25. All proceeds will benefit Gilda’s Club.
Participants will also receive complimentary gifts in addition to the workout. Reservations can be made by calling 414.964.2739(BREW). Sprecher Brewing Company is located at 701 W. Glendale Ave, Glendale, WI.
- Thursday, May 10 The Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness (CCHD) will be hosting an 85th Anniversary Celebration in conjunction with its annual Gardens Luncheon fundraising event at the Woman’s Club of Wisconsin from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The luncheon will feature author and gardening expert Melinda Myers. Craig Culver, CEO and co-founder of Culver’s Restaurants will receive the CCHD Community Innovation Award for his commitment to philanthropy and equal access for persons with disabilities.
- Saturday, April 28 The March of Dimes March for Babies will be held at O’Donnell Park beginning at 9 a.m. Participation in the 1.5 mile March for Babies will provide a memorable and rewarding day for the whole family including lunch, music and many family activities. Funds raised by March for Babies in Wisconsin help support prenatal wellness programs, research grants, neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) family support programs and advocacy efforts for stronger, healthier babies. To register, for an event in your community, visit www.marchforbabies.org.
- Saturday, May 19 The Friends of St. Aemilian-Lakeside, together with Park Bank and Willis will present Cirque du Sal, an Invitation to Fascination, benefiting children, families and adults served by St. Aemilian-Lakeside from 7p.m. to 12 a.m. The event, will be held at the Historic Pritzlaff Building, 333 N. Plankinton Ave., and will include aerial dance, street entertainment, music by The Five Card Studs, a raffle and more. Saz’s will provide catering and a cash bar. Tickets are $50, cocktail attire is encouraged. For more information, to purchase tickets, and to see a complete list of all sponsors, go to www.st-al.org, or call 414-465-1386.
For additional nonprofit events visit the BizTimes.com calendar by clicking here.