Philanthropist Joseph Zilber has appointed a board of directors of prominent Milwaukee area residents to advise his Zilber Neighborhood Initiative.
The board is chaired by Marshall & Ilsley Corp. chairman Dennis Kuester. The other members of the advisory board are:
- Daniel Bader, president of the Helen Bader Foundation Inc.
- Michael Bolger, president and chief executive officer of the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- John Daniels Jr., chairman of Quarles & Brady LLP.
- Ricardo Diaz, executive director of United Community Center.
- James Janz, executive vice president of administration for Zilber Ltd.
- Gale Klappa, chairman, president and CEO of Wisconsin Energy Corp.
- Sheldon Lubar, founder and chairman of Lubar & Co.
- Deloris Sims, president and CEO of Legacy Bancorp Inc.
- Edward Zore, CEO Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.
"We're not asking them for any money," Zilber said of the board members. "We want their opinions. These are some of the best people in the community. Anybody that we have asked to be on it has joined with us. It was gratifying to see that they all came aboard."