Director of Engineering
General Contact Information: 5050 S. Lake Dr., 53110-6106, (414) 769-2213
Comprehensive Plan: There was a Comprehensive Plan adopted about five years ago in compliance with the State's requirements for future growth.
Basic process of approval or denial of a development plan:
If no land division is necessary:
• 1st Plan Commission reviews for site and building elevation
• 2nd Building Inspector reviews the State approved plan
If land division is necessary:
• 1st Plan Commission reviews for land division
• 2nd Common Council reviews for land division and development agreement
• 3rd Plan Commission reviews for site and building elevation
• 4th Building Inspector reviews the State approved plan
TIF districts: TIF No. 1 (1994) For residential, commercial, industrial, and some downtown redevelopment, projected to close in 2021. Beginning Value (1994) $73,249,200; Current Value $195,721,600.
Redevelopment Aid: No redevelopment aid is being offered at this time.[Craig Faucett] Is available.
- Mitchell International Business Park was completed as a joint venture with Wispark, City of Cudahy and Milwaukee County. It currently includes a 140,000 sq. ft Centerpoint, 125,000 FedEx Ground, a 35,000 sq. ft Aramark, a 60,000 sq. ft Wetzel Printing, and a 160,000 sq. ft Stern Manufacturing building as tenants. Smaller sites are still available and it is located at the SE corner of Pennsylvania Avenue & Edgerton Avenue.
- A proposed building was approved by the Plan Commission. It is for a 50,000 sq. ft Hansen Storage facility to be located at 5831 S. Pennsylvania Avenue.
Fee Schedule: Contact Craig Faucett, director of engineering
Time Schedule for Plan Approval: If no land division is required it takes about 4 to 6 weeks. However, it could take as long as 3 months if land division is necessary.
Building or Growth Moratoria: There are no building or growth moratoria in place now.
Environmental Issues: None specifically listed.
Single Development Department: There is not a single "department." However, all the relevant departments are in the same area of the office. This includes: Building, Plumbing, and Electrical Inspection, Engineering Department, Assessor's Office, and the City Clerk for permits and applications is right across the Hall.
Internet Connection: www.ci.cudahy.wi.us
- Municipal Map
- Property Search (Assessment Data)
- Meeting Schedules of various committees / commissions including minutes & agendas
- Economic Profile
- Full Zoning Code
- Downloadable Fee, Permits, & Applications
- A "Downtown Plans" link
- Contact Information