“We have a number of clients that are LEED certified or implementing ISO 14001 Environmental Management policies, so we’re taking our experience with them and helping companies of all sizes enhance their environmental consciousness. Consider these ideas in caring for your own little piece of the planet …
- Green roofs and live walls reduce heating and cooling costs, manage storm water and create functional, attractive green space.
- Permeable paving, rain gardens and bioswales help control and conserve stormwater.
- Rainwater harvesting prevents wash out and stores water for irrigating lawn and bed areas.
- On-site organic recycling reduces landscape waste in landfills.
- Recycled materials like reclaimed pavers and aggregate mulch are smart, attractive landscape options.
- Organic turf management minimizes chemical applications.
- Relamping lighting fixtures with LED bulbs offers significant energy savings.
- Naturalization with native plants and select turf seed allows for lower maintenance.
- Brownfield reclamation restores and revitalizes contaminated land.
- Xeriscaping emphasizes water conservation in landscape design.
- Interiorscaping enhances air quality and comfort in closed workplace environments.
“There are many ways for companies to be green, some of which are supported by tax incentives, so now is a great time to take environmental stewardship to the next level.” n