The following grants and other public dollars are helping spur redevelopment in the 30th Street Industrial Corridor.
• $3 million in state tax credits for businesses that relocate to the Tower Automotive site.
• $1.7 million tax incremental financing (TIF) to DRS Power & Control Technologies Inc. to make building improvements and a neighborhood home repair program.
• $1.6 million TIF for construction of 30 new single family homes in the Metcalfe Park neighborhood.
• $1 million in EPA funding and $360,000 in Wisconsin DNR grants for assessment and removal of leaking underground storage tanks.
• $750,000 grant from the Wisconsin Department of Commerce for blight elimination and brownfield redevelopment in the Bishop’s Creek neighborhood.
• $500,000 Milwaukee Department of Public Works grant to the 30th Street ICC BID for streetscape improvements.
• $500,000 Wisconsin Technology Zone tax credits for Astronautics Corp. of America.