Director of Community Development
General City Contact Information: 201 Delafield St. 53188 Room 200, (262) 524-3754, (262) 524-3751 (fax)
Comprehensive Plan: The City of Waukesha is in the process of adapting the State of Wisconsin “Smart Growth” requirements.
Basic process of approval or denial of a development plan:
• 1st Meet with Staff
• 2nd Rezoning / Preliminary plans before Plan Commission
• 3rd Public Hearing on rezoning before Common Council on zoning and preliminary plans.
• 4th Final Plan – Plan Commission
• 5th Final Plans – Council
• 6th Development Agreement
TIF Districts: The city has several open TIF districts, including many downtown. Contact Director of Community Development.
Time Schedule for Plan Approval: The typical time from initial review to final approval is approximately 90-120 days.
Building or Growth Moratoria: There are no building or growth moratoria in place now.
Environmental Issues: The Wetland Preservation Plan is a factor in the City of Waukesha.
Single Development Department: No. However, the Department of Community Development takes the lead with other departments by receiving the material and then redistributing it to the appropriate department. Other departments include: Public Works, Engineer, Fire, Police, & Water Utility with others possibly.
Internet Connection: www.ci.waukesha.wi.us
– Full Municipal Code
– Meeting Schedules for various committees/commissions including agendas and minutes
– Detailed Information on the duties of each City Department/Committee
– Detailed description of the process for rezoning, conditional uses, preliminary & final reviews for Commercial / Industrial, etc. with fee amounts included
– A few downloadable applications and permit forms
– Contact Information